Spot EAP (Enhanced Autonomy Package)
FLYMOTION brings the capability and resources to upgrade an already-customized SPOT. With or without add-on payloads, we can incorporate additional radios, sensors, and processors for the most precise unmanned ground vehicle solution desired.
The Spot EAP improves Spot’s autonomy by enabling the robot to
create larger and more accurate maps. Spot’s base 3D cameras have
an effective range of four meters for autonomous mapping. The LIDAR in this payload increases Spot’s sensing range and allows the robot to navigate spaces with features up to 328 feet (100m) away.
Spot’s base cameras work well for autonomy in (1) small, indoor spaces like office buildings and (2) industrial settings where walls are less than 13.12 feet (4m) away from the robot. LIDAR helps Spot autonomously navigate in (1) large indoor spaces like warehouses, (2) outdoor spaces near buildings with features less than 328 feet (100m).
This package includes a CPU (Spot CORE) and Velodyne LIDAR which come pre-configured to enhance Spot’s autonomy. Developers can also run their own software on the CORE’s CPU.
• Length = 300 mm (11.8 in)
• Width = 190 mm (7.5 in)
• Height = 162 mm (6.4 in)
• Weight = 3.6 kg (8.0 lbs)
• Model = Velodyne VLP-16
• Measurement range = 100 m
• Field of view (horizontal) = 360°
• Rotation rate = 5 Hz – 20 Hz
• Operating temperature = -10 to 60°C
• Storage temperature = -40 to 105°
• Power = 8 W
• Voltage = 9-18 V
• Range accuracy = Up to ±3 cm
• Field of view (vertical) = +15.0° to -15.0° (30°)
• Sensor = 16 Channels
• Angular resolution (vertical) = 2.0°
• Angular resolution (horizontal) = 0.1°—0.4°
• Ingress protection = IP67
• Laser product = Class 1 eye-safe per IEC 60825-1:2007 & 2014; 903nm wavelength
• Integrated web server (monitoring & configuration)