FLIR PackBot is a man-transportable robot that performs bomb disposal, surveillance and
reconnaissance, CBRNe detection and HazMat handling operations.
PackBot easily climbs stairs and navigates narrow passages, relaying real-time video, audio, and
sensor data while the operator remains at a safer stand-off distance. PackBot is deployable by
one person in under two minutes. The robot stows neatly in transit, fitting in a vehicle’s trunk.
The PackBot manipulator lifts up to 44 lb (20 kg) and supports numerous accessories, sensors,
and disruptor solutions.
PackBot is controlled from the uPoint® Multi-Robot Control system, featuring a touchscreenbased
tablet controller that allows an operator to select from across the family of connected
robots. Additionally, PackBot uses the MPU5 radio operating on the Wave Relay® MANET, to form
a robust network in which robots, operators, and observers seamlessly operate together.
- FLIR LWIR Thermal Camera — thermal image transmits directly to the robot controller.
- Rear Flipper Kit — encourages greater stability when climbing stairs or negotiating terrain.
- Integrated CBRNe Sensor Payloads — allow an operator to remotely monitor the environment.
- Disruptors and the Firing Control System — accommodates many disruptors including the
PAN. Uses an integrated firing circuit on the robot.
- Weight (no batteries): 52.7 lb (23.9 kg)
- Up to 4 hrs with two (2) BB-2590 batteries;
- Up to 8 hrs with four (4) BB-2590 batteries
- Mobility (Speed): Up to 5.8 mph (9.3 km/h)
- Mobility (Agility): Zero radius turn
- Mobility (Slopes):
- Up to 43° (ascend, descend)
- Up to 40° Lateral
- Mobility (Stair Climbing): 40° [rise 8.5” (21.6 cm), run 10” (25.4 cm)]
- Manipulator Lift:
- 44 lb (20 kg) close-in
- 11 lb (5 kg) at max extension [(73.5” (187 cm)]
- Four (4) cameras
- Two-way audio
- Compatiblility: Connects to the Wave Relay® MANET, to form a robust network in which robots, operators, and observers seamlessly mesh
- Multiple payload ports
- 22 disruptors supported
- 10 fully integrated HazMat/CBRNe sensors
- 40+ Accessories
- Multiple controller options available, including the uPoint®
- Multi-Robot Control System
- Export Regulations: EAR