FLIR FirstLook is a throwable, rugged, and expandable robot that provides immediate situational awareness, performs persistent observation and investigates dangerous and hazardous material. FirstLook can be deployed in a moment’s notice and can maintain a safer stand-off distance for operators. FirstLook allows operations in confined spaces. This rugged, lightweight robot can be inserted into structures and provides operators with visual, audio, and sensor feedback before entry. Maneuverable in a variety of environments, FirstLook climbs small obstacles, overcomes curbs, turns in place and self-rights when flipped over.
FirstLook is controllable from a variety of controllers, including the uPoint® Multi-Robot Control system, featuring a touchscreen-based tablet controller that allows an operator to select from across the family of connected robots. FirstLook uses the MPU5 radio operating on the Wave Relay® MANET, to form a robust network in which robots, operators, and observers seamlessly operate together.
- THROWABLE, RUGGED, AND MANEUVERABLE — Weighing 6.6 lb (3kg), FirstLook survives 16 ft (5 m) drops onto concrete.
- HIGHLY MANEUVERABLE — FirstLook climbs obstacles up to 7” (17.8 cm) high, overcomes curbs, turns in place and self-rights when flipped over.
- POWERFUL MULTI-SENSOR CAPABILITY — Four color cameras with zoom and illumination, plus audio capability are integrated into FirstLook. Optional CBRNe/HazMat sensors available.
- CONTROLLABLE FROM THE UPOINT® MULTI-ROBOT CONTROL SYSTEM* — Using the touchscreen-based ruggedized tablet controller, an operator can select from across the family of connected robots.
- SUPERIOR COMMUNICATIONS — The MPU5 radio operating on the Wave Relay® MANET, allows the robot to penetrate deeper into complex structures and further downrange than ever before.
- Integrated Deployment and Camera (IDAC)—remote payload deployment platform with fixed camera with white light LED.
- RAE Systems MultiRae Pro Sensor—multi-threat monitor for VOC, O2, LEL, H2S, CO detection.
- Small Lightweight Manipulator (SLM)—max lift capacity of 3.5 lb (1.6 kg).
- Disruptors and the Firing Control System—accommodates recoilless disruptors, like the CDC CarbonFire 10. Uses a third-party firing circuit.
- Consumables Kit—includes robot antenna, tracks, wheels, flippers, and more.
Weight: Mobility Platform (including integrated battery) 6.6 lb (3 kg)
Weight: Optional Manipulator 3.7 lb (1.7 kg)
Runtime: 6-8 hours
Mobility (Speed): Up to 2.7 mph (4.3 km/h)
Mobility (Agility): Zero radius turn
Mobility (Slopes): 30° (ascend, descend and lateral)
Mobility (Vertical Obstacles): 7” (17.8 cm)
Optional Manipulator Lift: 3.5 lb (1.6 kg)
Awareness: Four (4) fixed-focus
Near infrared (NIR) cameras
Compatible: Connects to the Wave Relay® MANET, to form a robust network in which robots, operators, and observers seamlessly operate together.
Expansion: Multiple payload ports, multiple accessories, sensors and disruptors supported
Controller: Multiple controller options available, including
the uPoint® Multi-Robot Control System
Export Regulations: EAR