The Hovermap Mapping bundle delivers fast, accurate and high quality mobile scanning of
environments where drone autonomy is not required. Hovermap can be used as a mobile scanner,
attached to a drone or vehicle, lowered in a cage, or mounted to a backpack. The Mapping bundle
includes the Hovermap scanning hardware and simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM)
processing software. It allows real-time visualization of the point cloud as it is captured.
World-class SLAM — Obtain accurate, high-resolution, low-noise point clouds from the Hovermap SLAM system and its 360° field-of-view.
No GPS required — Map any environment quickly and safely with Hovermap’s SLAM localization.
Real-time point cloud streaming — View the 3D point cloud of your mapped environment in real time.
Drone Mountable — Attach the Hovermap payload to a compatible drone to use it as an all-in-one 3D mapping device.
Observer mode (optional) — View the mission and point cloud in real-time from a second Android device.
- SLAM mapping: Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM) based LiDAR mapping +/- 0.03% drift
- LiDAR range: 0.40 m to 100 m
- LiDAR accuracy: +/- 30 mm
- Mapping accuracy: +/- 20 mm in general environments; +/- 15 mm in typical underground and indoor environments; +/- 5 mm for close range scanning
- Angular field of view: 360° x 360°
- LiDAR data acquisition speed: Single Return Mode: up to 300,000 points/sec;
Dual Return Mode: up to 600,000 points/sec
- Weight: 1.8 kg (3.96 lbs)
- Input voltage: 12 – 50V, powered from a battery or auxiliary power input
- Deployment: Drone/UAV, backpack, vehicle, tether, ground robot
- Quick release mount: Yes