The Kinesis UxV control system is integrated with the DJI Mavic Mini to create tactical nUAS, SparrowHawk, that combines the benefits of a non-attributable nUAS platform with the cybersecurity and whitelisting capability inherent to the Kinesis UxV control system.
The result is a secure, low-cost, COTS-based system that outperforms custom-built alternatives across the board, lightens the soldier’s load, and works seamlessly with the Kinesis UxV ecosystem—extending capabilities and mission effectiveness.
- Leverage widely available, low-cost and non-attributable COTS nUAS
- Enhanced security—enables integration with tactical networks and ATAK
- Fully integrated with the Kinesis common UxV control system
- Small UAS class features at nano scale—3 axis camera gimbal, autonomy, etc.
- Fully integrated more solid ISR system—powered from standard USB chargers
- Return to the operator’s real-time location or a predefined launch point
The SparrowHawk system delivers unmatched performance, ease-of-use, and flexibility by leveraging state-of-the-art nano UAS technology and pairing it with the most intuitive and extensible UxV control system available, Kinesis. The SparrowHawk system is designed to integrate with an operator’s current ecosystem of tactical tools, such as ATAK and team radios.
Kinesis Mobile is an Android-based app that runs on all operator end-user devices (EUDs). When coupled with Mimic, an inertial-based one-handed controller, users can operate all the latest air and ground UxV systems with the smallest, lightest tactical footprint yet conceived or built.
SparrowHawk Kit Contents:
- Samsung S9 Tactical Edition smartphone
- Rugged phone case with MOLLE/VIRTUS mount
- Mimic spatial controller
- Mimic holster with MOLLE/VIRTUS mount
- MxC-S with MOLLE/VIRTUS mount
- MxC-S to smartphone cable
- (2) Secure DJI Mavic Mini nUAS
- Battery chargers, batteries, spare pack
SparrowHawk leverages the rapid advances in commercial drone technology and wraps it in a secure, compact, lightweight, and MOLLE/VIRTUS compatible soldier kit. The nUAS itself is a non-attributable DJI Mavic Mini that is whitelisted by Kinesis for easy integration into the tactical network battlespace awareness apps (i.e. ATAK, Nett Warrior, DSA) from the smartphone-based controller.
SparrowHawk connects to Kinesis securely via the ruggedized datalink, MxC-S™, which whitelists all data “sent to” and “received from” the drone. SparrowHawk—the non-attributable nUAS you’ve always wanted with the security your mission demands.